1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
I was showered with a beautiful bouquet of red roses and a steak dinner complete with baked potato, beans, salad, and garlic bread - by candlelight - on Monday night. I knew about the dinner, but I had no idea about the flowers. Let me just say, I have not had a guy buy me flowers (besides Dad) in close to 10 years. I think the guy thought I was over-reacting a little, but really, I wasn't. They were "just because" and that meant more to me than anything. I guess I could also say, I've been showered with affection by a really awesome person this month and I'm just so happy.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
Whenever I become a parent, I will definitely instill compassion into my kids. I think it's very important. I think in some cases, it can be learned, but I think it's better if it's been instilled into you from an early age.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
I love movies from every genre, as long as it's good anyway. I love a funny, witty romantic comedy, but I also enjoy a good romantic drama sometimes, too.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
Can you tell I love me some baseball?? lol A Giant Dog is way better than anything at the Ritz because it's at the ball game. Seriously. Oh and AT&T Park makes a mean set of garlic fries. YUM!!
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
Hmmm. Well our city hasn't been able to afford our Civic Center for awhile, so they allowed some big church in town to take it over. I recently found out the church totally sucked at managing it, so they got kicked out and now someone else is managing it. We're not a major city, but it's still a very important venue and if we could get more concerts and shows there, it would be helpful.
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
Um. The only song that comes to mind is "Pickin' Wildflowers" . . . can't even remember who sings it, but it's a country song.
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
Yep. I do. If the universe is truly as vast as we believe it is, there has to be other life out there. No offense, but that would be an awful amount of wasted space if there wasn't life on other planets.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Obviously you can tell by my answer to the first question that I've met someone. Some of my regular readers know that I've been searching for a long time, and some even had their own ideas of who I'd meet and how they'd sweep me off my feet - which made me love them even more! lol Anyway, I have met someone, and that's where a lot of my time has been going lately (that and job hunting!). I'll write more later, but I've been wanting to share it for awhile. :o)