Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1.  In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl.  What was the last event you attended that could be described as super? 

Since we're talking about the Super Bowl, go Niners!!

The last thing that I watched that I would consider super was my first viewing of Donkey Basketball when I was living in Sticksville. And yes, that's me you hear laughing. lol


2.  Share something you're a fan of these days?
 Anything that makes my nose stop running! (Managed to catch a head cold)

3. How do you feel about wings?  In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind.  What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other?  Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?   
I'd love a pair, thanks, it'll save on the gas bill. Oh. Well, I like just a simple hot wing - mildly spicy. I love KFC's hot wings, but since the douche that owned all the ones in our region went bankrupt, they've all closed (like 15 or so locations if I remember right).

4.  As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story?  Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks? 
Lance is an asshat. I'm glad he finally owned up to it, but he not only cheated himself and his teammates, but his fans and supporters. That's a purely asshat move. I don't feel sorry for him - he brought this on himself.

5.  What's a question you hate to be asked?  
"May I ask you a personal question?"

I actually dated a guy who had an uncle who would randomly go up to people and ask "How's your sex life?" Even to his nephews and nieces. Seriously. Luckily, I managed to escape him.

6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers.  Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens.  Were you and your sibling(s) competitive?  In what way? Are you still?  If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?  
I played sports a bit as a kid. I'm not overly competitive, but I can be. Just watch my family and I play a "friendly" game of Aggravation. Watch out. (You've been warned lol)

7.  What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
I love volleyball. I played in 8th grade, but didn't make the high school team. It's been years since I've played. I also enjoy ping pong, but again, haven't played it years. Funny though, when we moved into our current house a very long time ago, the previous owners left a HUGE ping pong table - with the balls and paddles! We kept it set up in the garage, and was a great time waster. Eventually it either broke or we got rid of it.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I drove up to work this morning, and sat for a minute listening to the radio. I looked to my right and there was a truck parked a few spaces away, in front of me. I noticed the occupants were inside, and a puppy on the top of the kennels in the bed of the truck (tied down). This puppy was playing . . . then started circling . . . and promptly squats and takes a dump. I started laughing uncontrollably. At one point, I realized that a good person would go knock on their window and inform of their puppy's doings, but I just couldn't do it. LOL

34 comments:

  1. I almost said volleyball too. I haven't played since high school and since that was many moons ago I didn't think it would count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure there's no time limit if you ever enjoyed playing it. :o)

      Delete
  2. Donkey basketball! I have no words. But totally awesome idea! haha :D I don't think it's possible not to get competitive in Aggravation, is it? I used to always lose and finally wouldn't play anymore with my brother. I know! I'm a very poor loser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! And no, I don't think it's possible to not get competitive at Aggravation. The game is properly named. lol

      Delete
  3. I still haven't seen that Lance Armstrong video. Should really get round to it one of these days. Everybody's talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only watched part of the interview, but I've seen the news, too. He's in a lot of deserved trouble.

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! Donkey Basketball!!! BWHAHAHA!!
    for the record: I like your laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, it was funny for the whole two hours! lol And thank you!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, those puppies... I saw a pic on Pinterest once that had a puppy pooping on the dash inside of a car. The caption read... "They are in for a nice surprise when they come back."

    Not watching the super bowl... the kids are though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually in it for the commercials only. But since I like both teams, mostly SF, I'll probably watch. As long as I'm not on call.

      Delete
  6. ha-May I ask you a personal question? Somehow if you answer no to that, you're the one that looks bad.

    I've never seen donkey basketball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I hate looking like the bad guy. And you haven't lived until you've seen it. It's a hilarious time!

      Delete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I think I would enjoy tremendously the donkey basketball!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good for your abs, because you really don't stop laughing. lol

      Delete
  8. donkey basketball? Never heard of such a thing. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it either until I went to that game. And it was totally worth it. lol

      Delete
  9. Wow...your boyfriend's uncle sure had a lot of nerve, didn't he? Donkey basketball makes me laugh every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh yes, he did. Glad I'm not anywhere near that family anymore. lol

      Delete
  10. Oh my word - that uncle!!!

    Oh, and for the head cold - NeilMed Sinus Rinse. Best. invention. EVER. (from someone who gets colds and sinus infections a lot...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donkey basketball? What the heck? That was hilarious! But oh my, talk about a slow game, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's surprisingly not that slow. You're always laughing, and you don't care who wins. Plus, when the donkey's misbehave, it gets REAL good. lol

      Delete
  12. What fun answers! It has been ages since I have seen a donkey basketball game! They are a lot of fun.
    until next time...nel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are tons of fun. I wish I had known about it sooner! lol

      Delete
  13. I've never heard of donkey basketball. Thats about as strange as when I moved to NC and discovered what cow bingo was. I can't imagine anyone like your ex' uncle although to be honest my exbf's dad would go up to perfect strangers eating and tell them they were going to get fat eating that. He had no tact whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ah, yes, good ol' cow bingo. And yes, doing that means no tact at all.

      Delete
  14. I once went around the board twice just to knock someone off in Aggravation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG the donkey basketball was wild! Hahaha! But wait, why was the puppy on TOP of the kennel?

    (I'm glad that you redirected me because I wasn't getting your blog updates!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were other dogs in the kennels, I think.

      (and yeah, sorry about the confusion . . . I'm such a ditz!)

      Delete
  16. When I was in high school, we had a yearly basketball game with ostriches, I think. I was interesting, let me tell you. Thanks for bringing to mind that memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ostrich basketball?! Omg, that would be a fun one!

      Delete
  17. I remember that donkey video. Hilarious.

    And i love spicy chicken wings. We do them on the bbq when friends join us for dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I could have gotten the REALLY funny parts, but my phone was dying. lol

      Delete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)