1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
Hmmm. I guess maybe have a full-time job that provides benefits and be out on my own. My plan is to keep looking and applying. That's all I can do.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I have been very fortunate in my jobs. The only job I ever had to wear a uniform for was when I worked for Petco in college. It was their blue shirt and black or khaki pants. The uniform has changed and it's a bit ugly to be honest. Vet clinics we just wear scrubs, and they can any scrub top, so you don't have to wear ugly tops unless you just like ugly tops.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
I accidentally ran the toaster oven and Granny's microwave at the same time, forgetting that I can't do that. I popped a breaker. Fortunately, I didn't lose power to half the house, just that section of the kitchen. But I had to go outside, in the dark, fiddle with the door to the breaker box for what felt like an hour to get it open to fix the problem.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
It depends on where the negativity is coming from or from how many people. If it's just one person, I'll be upset, but I will also know that I can't please everyone and if they can't see the good I try to do, that's their problem. If it comes from several people, that's even harder, but I keep telling myself I'm not the incompetent/horrible person/whatever they think I am.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
Hmmm. Good question. If you ask my dad, I look like my mom. If you ask my mom, she might say my dad. I know for darned tootin' sure I've got my dad's thumbs and my mom's nose.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
There's a National Bubble Bath Day?!
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnivale (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
Mardi Gras would leave me traumatized. I'll take anything else.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Please check out my new series on 100 Things I Love About the USA. At the end of 2012 I finished up a series called 100 Things That Make Me Happy, inspired by a blogging friend. This year, I though I'd share the lovable things about my country. I get disheartened by politicians and the hot air they constantly spew forth, I realize the USA is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and yes, we are in trouble in lots of areas. But while all these things worry me or annoy me, I love the country I was born into, and I want to share these things with you.