1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
I honestly cannot remember the last time I faced the ocean. It may have been when my BFF and I took a weekend trip to Monterey, but that was YEARS ago. I love just sitting there, watching the ocean. I suddenly feel so small, realizing just how big the world is and that there's a other world on the other side of that ocean. I also tend to feel relaxed, the sound of the waves is very relaxing to me.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Fighting. Crying. Anything that resembles nails on a chalkboard *shudders*
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
Depends on how I'm feeling. Or how much I ate 20 minutes before at lunch. I tend to try it on in the store, think it looks great and then get home and try it on and think, Um, how on earth did it shrink between home and the store? That's so strange . . .
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
Nope. Not a fan of the little green nut. Mint chip ice cream is green, could that be used as a substitute? (please?)
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
I usually compromise at work. If it's with the other techs, I'm usually happy about it. If it's a certain someone else, no, I'm not really ever happy about it. Irritated would be a nice way to put it. lol
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I don't think so.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
My Dad's birthday. But I have to wait until the end of the month.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've recently started trying online dating again. I came across this in a profile this evening. This was all he wrote in his "about me" area. And my mother wonders why it's so hard for me to find someone . . . lol
"Will I'm a guy who has a hard time expaning myself expselly whin comes to writting it out mainly I like to go out and have a good time with my friends and family and i'm tired of being a lone in my life and I wunt to shair with someone in my life."
It's great that he admits he's terrible at writing about himself (welcome to the club!), and that he enjoys being around friends and family. BUT. There's just too much wrong in the longest sentence ever. Good looks don't mean squat if you can't spell and have never heard of a punctuation mark. I realize and respect that spelling and grammar aren't everyone's strong point. I suck royally at math (ask anyone who knows me). But, I run into quite a bit of this in profiles. And if it's not this, these guys write stuff out like a text message. Pet peeve.