1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
I saw a snake wrapped around a guys hand at Barnes & Noble awhile back. I'm not fond of snakes, but after working for Petco for 3 years in college, I did learn to handle snakes. If I know they're biters, I won't hold them, but if they're not, I'm okay with it.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Yes - to a point. Whether it's just random luck, or you make you're own luck, or even bad luck, it all happens to us at some point.
3. Sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
I've never been ice skating and probably not wise to do so with my horrible ankles. I haven't been sledding since I was a little kid. And I haven't built a snowman in ages. So, sledding and/or building a snowman would be good fun!
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
Probably all the time. It's looking back on things - lessons learned, things learned over time, that you realized how much you have learned. Each day I learn something new, but sometimes either you don't really realize it, or don't focus on it. It's all of it combined, that when you look back, you realize how much you've learned.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
In the last few months. When my job opened it's new office our reps brought us all kinds of goodies and then there were the holidays. Plus Mom is baking some for my birthday on Friday.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
A Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Lord help me.
7. Are you a doodler?
Sometimes, yes. And I'm not very good.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've signed up for the A-Z Challenge - again. This will be my third time. Which means I must really be crazy if I'm willing to do it more than once! I may actually try to do a theme this year, which I haven't done in the past. However, creativity is not my BFF, so any ideas would be awesome.
Also, congrats to the Baltimore Ravens for winning Superbowl 47 this past weekend. They opened up a can of whoop-ass on my Niners. A very large can. It was embarrassing, really. Luckily they rallied back in the second half and made it a game worth cheering on. But alas, the better team won. Although, the Superbowl ads pretty much sucked this year. The Budweiser commercial brought tears and I loved the Paul Harvey bit by Dodge. Other than that, not worth air time.