The first Hodgepodge of the new year! If you want to join in, just click on the image and join Joyce, me and the rest of the gang for a new year in Hodgepodge!
1. How did you ring in the new year?
Nice and quiet. I enjoyed a movie and dinner out with my parents. I managed to stay up til midnight watching an episode of Psych on DVD and where I witnessed my parents trashy neighbors setting off fireworks, which if I remember correctly, are illegal in our county. Minor detail. Before the fireworks got too loud, I hugged and kissed my cat, Miss Harriet, and that was that. NYE is not usually my holiday, so keeping it quiet is perfectly fine with me.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
Getting out of the 5th wheel into a place that will take the cat and hopefully not charge pet rent. Completing the goals I set for myself for 2013. Having some fun. :o)
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
We are constantly evolving and adapting. I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago. Who I was a year ago is a lot closer, but I've still changed. We have to change, we have to adapt - everything and everyone does. I think most often we just don't realize it until years later how much we've changed over time. Just think, if people never changed, we may never have made it out of our caveman days.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I've never heard of Pantone and when I visited the site, I still couldn't tell exactly what it is. Oh well. I like emerald, I actually have some jewelry given to me by my first boyfriend. It's currently in a box somewhere . . . and I wear green - don't know if it's necessarily emerald green, but it's green.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
Amethyst. It's my birthstone. :o)
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
Hands down, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I cannot tell you how many times I've read all three books, and I only first read them in March of '12. Just before the movie came out, and it was highly suggested. Once I saw the movie, I loved it as well, and bought the next two books. I love the books and I loved the movie. It was the only movie of 2012 that I felt I had to see.
And I should have known I had to see Lincoln, because it was a great movie. I mean, WOW.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
No matter what, you have family and friends who love and support you. And a cat to purr in your ear while you sleep.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Just watched The Bourne Legacy. I had tried telling Dad that this movie in no way contains Matt Damon, but he didn't believe me - because the of the title of the movie, it has Bourne in it. lol But we enjoyed it anyway. I think the new guy is kinda hot, so it's all good to me. lol