Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

100 Things That Make Me Happy: Part 2 (and a quick postcard announcement!)

Before I get to my post, I must announce the next sender of postcards! It will "Speed Demon". She doesn't have a blog, but she does follow me and is actually an old co-worker from my last job - one of the few people I actually miss!

I do apologize for things being a bit last minute the last couple months, but it has been difficult getting ahold of a few people. But never fear, Speed Demon will send them out this month!

Now, onto my post!

I'm compiling a list of things (in no particular order) that make me happy. For previous posts on this subject, please go here.

#6. Time with my best friend. Now that I live in Sticksville, USA, we are 8 hours apart - roughly. We talk on the phone when we can, and can easily waste two hours on the phone catching up. And then a week later get together and spend 6 hours, or even 10 hours just talking about everything. We are practically polar opposites but we "get" each other. And that's what truly counts. Even if I do think she's nuts for considering vegetarianism. But she's my favorite nut.  ;o)

Enjoying margaritas on a Mother's Day in my parents back yard.

Enjoying some time on the swings.

 In line at our first Tegan & Sara concert in Davis.

#7. The beach. I don't get to go very often, but I love it when I do!



#8. Ansel Adams photography.





#9. Volunteering for causes I believe in. If I had it my way, I'd be volunteering now, but things are so far away from me. I'm sure someday I'll find something. One thing I really miss about living in Sacramento is volunteering for the two organizations I went to every week. I miss seeing the people and getting to know them, as well as the animals.










#10. Reading a good book. Now, I've been coming across a lot of good books lately, and I'm loving it. I'm currently reading Pretty in Plaid - a Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, OR the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smart-Ass Phase by Jen Lancaster.







9 comments:

  1. I heart Ansel Adams photography! So beautiful!

    I spent all weekend reading; books I already have, but it was nice to be able to lose myself in another reality without sitting in front of the computer for a time. And Bazinga was more than happy to curl up on the couch with me too :-)

    Used to go to Sleeping Bear Dunes when I lived in northern Michigan. Gorgeous beach area. After the sun set, the sky gets velvet black and you feel like you can reach out and touch the stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could seriously just sit and stare at his photography all day long. It's so peaceful!

      When I run out of books and don't want to buy new ones yet, I'll re-read stuff that I know I enjoyed before. Isn't that what books are for? To enjoy over and over again? :o)

      Delete
  2. Reading book, a classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get together with my best friend (who lives on the other side of the country so it doesnt happen often) we always seem to end up splashing in a public water feature somewhere. And yes, we can talk for hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't just wonderful to get together with your BFF and just have fun? :o)

      Delete
  4. I miss my BFF. I don't see any of my other friends as often as I'd like now either. I love that photography. Breathtaking. I love your list your working on also... Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad when life winds up keeping us away from our friends.

      Delete
  5. His photos are truly spectacular.

    Love the pics of you and your bff! :) Y'all are too cute!!!!

    Would totally volunteer 24/7 if I could.

    Reading is like entering another world. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If could have all of his stuff, omg, I'd never leave the house! lol

      My fave is us on the swings. Her dad took that picture.

      Delete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)