Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge






1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world?
 
 I'd go with lamb. Here in northern California we've been having 70* (F) days, which has been pretty awesome. Although we could really use some rain still. And today (Tuesday) a storm moved in and started raining around 2pm. We don't expect a ton of rain from it, but we'll take it.

2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list?  Do you have a 'plan of attack'?
 
Well, probably waxing the 5th wheel. My parents say they'll pay me, and since I'm looking for work again, I should be a smart girl and take it. But it's so big. lol

3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em?  What's a favorite dish you make using peas?
 
I'm a pea hater. Although, oddly enough, the one (and only) time I ever ate Japanese food, the peas were my saving grace. And the water. I'm pretty sure the waitress thought I was a camel. A pea loving camel. But normally, I hate peas.

4.  Do you feel under appreciated?
 
Usually only at a job. My friends and family are pretty good about telling each other how much they are appreciated.

5. Have you been using Google Reader?  If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement?  If not, how do you read your favorite blogs?
 
I haven not used Google Reader. I tried it once and I didn't like it. I've just been getting my blogs on my Blogger Dashboard. Simple and easy.

6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant;  if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." 
 
Agree or Disagree?  Why?
 
I agree. If you've never had to struggle for anything in your life, then you have no idea how good you actually have it. You then also have no respect for those that struggle every day with something.

7.  When did you last 'spring for something'?  What was it?
 
 Um . . . lunch with Mom last week? Although I used a gift card, so I'm not really sure that counts. lol I did spring by jumping up and down when my BFF told me that a country band from my childhood that sings my absolute favoritist song ever is playing at her county fair in the Bay Area in July. Because I'm totally going.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My job and I parted ways recently. I was so unhappy, I usually felt physically ill going to work every day. I also couldn't please the office manager, no matter how hard I tried or how often I tried to change who I was. I never felt like I belonged there, I was so afraid of making a mistake because when I did, the manager would berate and belittle me. So I'm currently looking, again, for employment. It's depressing, looking for work. I'm checking online every day, and I'm signing up with a temp agency to see if they can help at all as well. Keep your fingers crossed that something comes my way.



20 comments:

  1. So sorry the job didnt work out but it sounds like the enviroment was very toxic so you are probably better out of there.
    I find it interesting that your change of seasons happens in the middle of the month, where as ours happen at the start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS interesting - I didn't know that.

      A couple months ago, I was so upset over my job, my parents were worried and upset because I was just a depressed little bump on a log. Things seemed to pick up for a bit and but it was just never a good fit.

      Delete
  2. I need to clean off the mold on my bathroom ceiling. Here in North Cackalacky it is so humid that bathrooms get lots of mold and I save that nasty chore for spring break. Gotta go buy the bleach and get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeewww. That is something I just can't stand - humidity. Ick. (I can't stand mold either, though. lol)

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy reading your Hodgepodge contributions (and sometimes stay and look around elsewhere as well). I'm so sorry to hear how the job didn't work out. I know you loved the animals (it's clear from some of the postings) but to stay in an environment that is that toxic is not good for your health. I'm so glad you recognized that and had the ability to get out of it and look for something else, and that your parents are supporting you in that decision (or at least that's how it sounds!) Good luck to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my parents are supportive of me and that's what helps. I've been unhappy at jobs before, but this one really took the cake. Thanks for sticking around and reading not only my Hodgepodge posts but others as well. :o)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah the humidity isnt fun! :( Though i enjoyed the weather we were having a few days ago. Good thing its supposed to rain for one day. I know its good for the plants and all but i am not a fan of constant rain. Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad the storm doesn't bring massive wind as well!

      Delete
  6. Aww that really sucks about your job. Hopefully you'll find a new one soon that actually makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what's the song? Who's the band?

    Good luck with the job hunt! If it was making you physically ill it's probably best you left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It's "Fishin' In The Dark" by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you were able to take off from a job that so obviously made you miserable! It's really liberating to do that.

    And as for your weather? SO JEALOUS. We just got 8+ inches of snow yesterday. I'd kill for sun on my skin and the wind in my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over to CA! We'll share the weather with ya! :o)

      Delete
  9. I'm feeling you on the job, only 9 more weeks for me... hopefully :) A nice break is what I need!! Woo Hoo Summer babies! Peas are yuck and well spring is being a bish in my part of the world.. No sunshine and cool temps. . I'm hating it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind the break if I still got a paycheck. lol

      Delete
  10. I don't care for peas either. Two years ago google dashboard wouldn't let me put any more blogs on it, it said I reached my limit so I had to go to a reader. I am very sorry about your job but it doesn't sound like the right place to be. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, praying for the perfect job to come your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was a limit on blogs on the dashboard - good to know! Thank you for the prayers. :o)

      Delete
  11. The weather can't seem to make up its mind here. Snow, cold, warm, sunny. I'm ready for summer already.

    Sorry the job didn't work you for you. :-( At least you didn't do what I did and wait 5 years to find a new one ;-) Best of luck on the job hunt, and hope something comes your way soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)