I'm teaming up with Joyce and the gang for another round of Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
I like turkey. I prefer dark meat, it's more moist. And since I don't cook much, I don't make anything out of the leftovers. My mother does. I think she makes soup usually.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
Um, is neither an option?! lol I might be able to walk a 10K, but I don't think my flat foot and bad knee would like me to run a 10K. Especially considering walking sometimes can be a painful challenge. However, most years, I have to work the day after. Not retail (Thank God!!).
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
Both. I love that it allows me to keep up with family and friends that I don't get to see much of. However, sometimes people overshare. And sometimes its the basis of an argument and the means of an "I'm not talking to you anymore" issue. As with most things in life, social networking is a catch .22.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
Hard things - like the fact that I'm broke and if it weren't for my family I could possibly be living out of my car? lol It's a lesson in life and a lesson in character building. A lesson that sometimes one can only learn the hard way. I'm fairly thick-headed so, sometimes I have to hit the brick wall before I see the damned thing. lol
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
I shop in person. It's rare that I order Christmas presents online. Mom and I have a thing - she helps me Christmas shop - it's a day that she and I can hang out for some Mother-Daughter time. That way, I usually get 95% of my shopping done in one day. I'm glad I never worked at a store that opens at midnight for Black Friday. I just don't get it. What? 5am not good enough for you anymore? I hear Target will be open most, if not all day, on Thanksgiving, and then it will still do Black Friday deals starting at midnight. I mean, seriously?! Obviously I will not be joining the throngs of crazy people out to get the best deals. I don't like crowds of pushy crazy people. I will be sleeping at midnight and working at my vet clinic on Black Friday.
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
MY SF GIANTS SWEATSHIRT!!! :D 'Cause my boys rocked that World Series!!
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
I appreciate the fact that my parents are willing to house me (in their 5th wheel in the corral) while I get on my feet and get enough money under my belt that I can afford a place of my own. I'm enjoying being able to spend time with them again. (But I still want my own place lol)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My apologies to my cousin and my mom - both of whom I think cried over my previous post about Tank. It did not seem to make them feel better that I also cried. Next time I have such a story, I will remember to put a disclaimer on it. Only, I hope there will not be another story like that. I'm not sure I could take it.