It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge again!
1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
In my family, we hang the stockings where we can. Currently its around the fireplace. My parents each have a stocking, as do I. Each year my parents buy each other "stuffing stockers" (as my dad calls them), and Santa fills mine each Christmas Eve. My parents and I wake up on Christmas morning and empty our stockings and see what Santa brought me. Last year marked the first year Granny joined us in our little family Christmas morning. And yes, Granny has her very own stocking. We also bought stockings for my aunt and uncle because last year they stayed with us as well, and they joined in our little Christmas morning.
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
Probably around 6ish.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Wow. Playing hardball here. Um. Fine. Be that way. Popcorn. I eat too much of it. But I make no guarantees.
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
I had no idea they were expecting. So, obviously, I don't follow the news of the Royals very closely. Though I did manage to watch their wedding. It was beautiful - Kate made a gorgeous bride and Will was so very happy. I'm happy they are expecting.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
Oooh, nasty. No on the fruitcake!
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
Saving up enough for a place of my own. I have goals of trying to move out no later than the end of January if I can swing it. I love being back home, hanging with my parents . . . but the 5th wheel is no place to live long-term. For starters, storms are very loud in it, having to go out to it in the rain sucks (and going into the house . . .), and it rocks every time I move. Not to mention I know my parents will want to use it come spring time. lol
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I forgot to get a box today for Mom and I to put all the stuff in for the boy who's angel card we took off a Salvation Army tree at the mall. Hopefully there will be some left tomorrow at work.