1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?
I think there can be extenuating circumstances. But for the most part, I do believe we are responsible for our actions.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?
The most notable was Ashley Parker Angel from that show Making the Band. Redding was so proud of itself that somebody from this town made it in the band.
3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?
I do own a crock pot. I think it's been used once or twice. By Boyfriend. And I had probably had it a couple of years . . . collecting dust. Obviously not much of a cook am I. lol
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
The word "creepy" comes to mind. It's one thing if Target collects my shopping data so they can send me coupons for cat litter or hair gel or something. But the fact that companies sell or "rent" out people's information is just scandalous in my opinion.
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
Probably not. With the time difference from Russia, it would be my luck that the few things I enjoy watching (ice skating mostly) would be on at 2 a.m. I will be fast asleep next to my own personal furnace (aka Boyfriend). I'd love to watch the ice skaters in person, but I do enjoy it on TV because I can actually see what's happening whereas in person I'd see a dot moving around on ice. lol I have never been to Russia, although part of me would like to go one day - the history buff in me anyway. But I have other places I'd like to go first.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
Once in 6th grade PE, we were playing volleyball. Our class was co-ed, and one of the boys hit the ball and it (purely by accident) came at me and hit me square in the . . . um . . . chest. He had been right next to me and he hit it pretty hard. While everyone else was laughing their butts off at my chest pain, he was the only one who was genuinely concerned. He didn't touch me but he ran right up to me apologizing profusely. He apologized every day for rest of the week. Multiple times a day. I finally had to tell him I wasn't mad at him and that I had forgiven him the accident.
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that movtivates you to at least get up off the couch?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So far in my month of unemployment I have read 7 books, submitted 30 or more job applications, cleaned, done laundry, baked cookies, brought firewood up to the house, have looked into online schooling for medical transcription (still kinda pricey), begun watching season 7 of Psych (which my BFF gave me for Christmas and am finally getting around to), begun packing but have since quit since I we have no idea where we're going yet, spent quality time my cat Miss Harriet, begun playing Farmville 2 and Castleville again on the computer, and have fairly successfully hid from Boyfriend's Grandma (which I only have to do until the 11th). I am however, beginning to run out of things to keep me occupied. Especially free things. Sigh.