Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

It looks like I have my weekends back

Life has been crazy busy. However, as of this week, it will be slightly less crazy busy. I received an email from the company I work for on weekends, saying that Pro Plan, the pet food that I have been representing for the past year, has decided to suddenly cut back on their Pet Nutritional Consultant contract they have with the company I work for. Effective July 12, over half of the PNC's are technically out of a job. Myself included.

Since I had taken Saturday, July 5th off for a wedding and Saturday, July 12th off for a family BBQ, my only day to work would be Sunday July 6th. Payroll ends on the 5th, so it just wouldn't be worth it to get only $60. So I emailed my district manager and said that I wouldn't be working on Sunday. Basically I tendered my resignation after technically being laid off.

Either way, now I will have my weekends back. For the first time in a year, I will have my weekends free to do whatever I want. Pretty sure I'll be cleaning house or baking cookies or hanging out on the lake.

I had been contemplating quitting the weekend job for at least a month as I've been spread so thin between it, the two water companies and my grandparents publication. And at least half of what I made from the weekend job went to gas.

So now, I have my weekends back.

Also? Boyfriend put an offer in on a house. Eeeeeekkkk!!!!

And what did we do with my first weekend off? Drove to Fall River to see my cousin get married, bummed a night in my parents 5th wheel, had "brunch", drove to my parents house to visit with my aunt and cousin from Georgia and Granny, got groceries, came home and put groceries away and promptly went to Lewiston Lake for a couple hours before coming back home and cooking a yummy dinner of BBQ chicken, beans, garlic bread and salad. 

It was a good weekend. :)


6 comments:

  1. Those little part time jobs never seem to be worth the effort if you have a decent main job. Which is why I had one years ago while working at my OLD main job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have to drive so far to it, it's possible I'd keep it. However, one can only be spread so thin before they can't take anymore.

      Delete
  2. Yay to having your weekends back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was a nice sign from the Universe that you needed some free weekend time :) Sounds like you're using it very wisely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I can look forward to my weekends now as time to get personal stuff done. :)

      Delete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)