Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Round-a-bouts

I'm just curious as to when Americans decided driving the in the wrong direction was acceptable? Did miss I that headline on Yahoo? Did no one forward that piece of junk mail to me? I'm only asking because apparently many who live in my apartment complex think it's legal to go the wrong direction in the round-a-bout at the entrance. Now, yes, I do understand that it's only an apartment complex entrance and there isn't a ton of traffic. However, we do still live in America and the last time I checked, we still drive on the right side of the road. Now, Wikipedia has this to say about round-a-bouts:

"Round-a-bouts are safer than both traffic circles and regular junctions - having 40% fewer vehicle collisions, 80% fewer injuries, and 90% fewer serious injuries and fatalities."

Yeeaaahhh. They'd be safer if you went in the right freakin' direction, ya jackass.

Would you believe once that a Mini Cooper attempted to run me down? (Did I mention that I drive an SUV?) And last week, I nearly got into two accidents . . . from people who think its okay to go the wrong direction in a round-a-bout.

So, the moral of the story? Remember folks, that we live in America, home of baseball, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Rachel Ray and her 30 Minute Meals, and driving on the right side of the road. Remember that the next time you happen across a round-a-bout. Even in an apartment complex. My new car thanks you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)