Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stowaways

Did you ever have a bug on your car that apparently just felt the need to go for a joy ride? And it seems to hang on . . . at least until you get on the freeway? Call them the unconventional stowaways if you'd like. Or hitchhikers (without the thumbs, obviously). It's kind of comical to see a fly hanging on for what appears to be dear life on the driver's side window. What, did it's wings get tired? Seriously. Lazy, worthless insects.

Anyways . . . today I found the most unconventional stowaway to date. And I never knew it was there, until I came home. After work, I got in my car, drove home, parked, got out of my car, happened to look down as I pressed the alarm button. And laughed. The poor little guy never saw it coming. 70mph down the freeway. A freeway change. Several stoplights. A close encounter with a driveway gate. And as always the scary entrance into my parking space. It was probably the scariest, most exhilerating experience of it's life. Because when I looked down, clinging to the front bumper, I saw . . .

. . . the snail.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww.... poor little guy! Was he still alive??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe so! LOL Although by the time I went out to go to work that night, he'd jumped ship!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)