Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Where oh where have I been?

Hey blogosphere, I'm back!

I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a bit. I apologize for that. In all honesty there really aren't enough hours in a day. Because really, I like my sleep, and I don't want to give that up more than I have to. Because I love my sleep, people.

Anyway, I mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago that I met someone. And indeed I have. It's been a crazy couple of months . . . well, almost two months. So, really, that's been taking up most of my spare time.

I mentioned in a post a couple months ago that I was giving online dating another go-round. I hadn't been getting much out of it. I had met one guy who lacked a personality (literally), and in the month I "communicated/dated" him I spent maybe 5 hours with him. Yeah.

I sent out "winks" and emails to several guys, not really getting anyone to take the bait (so to speak), until W replied. We emailed for about a week, then texted for close to two. He was doing long haul trucking (he has since stopped as he hated it and I don't blame him) with a teammate, so I was playing "where's waldo?" every day with him. One of his routes wound up bringing him right through town, so we met up and spent an afternoon together. A week later, he was back in town for a few days off, and we spent a large portion of every day together while he was in town. He wound up in town for 9 days instead of the 4 he was supposed to have, so we got "bonus" days.

Just before he and his teammate were to go back on the road, his teammate quit on him having gotten a job elsewhere, leaving W on his own. W went back on the road for a week, and made next to nothing and sat around waiting for 4 days, so he finally said enough and took an extended leave. We have seen each other every day since then. We even went camping this past weekend. 

The craziest thing? On our second "date" he met my parents. And he wanted to, where I was like, "you don't have to go . . . you'll have to meet my parents," thinking he's like the average guy who will leave a cloud of dust at the mere mention of meeting the parents. Same night he met a couple of my parents closest friends and my Granny. Those 9 days he was in town he also met my Nana and her husband, an aunt, uncle, and cousin and her husband. And he was totally cool with it. I'm dead serious when I say I've never met a guy like that. I. Was. Floored. In those 9 days I also met his mom and grandma - sweet ladies.

And since he's been back in town, he spends quite a bit of time at my parents house, just chilling. He volunteered to help Dad with waxing the 5th wheel. A couple days later he went outside and washed and waxed Dad's truck (was never asked to do it). He has dinner at my parents house often. He really likes my family and enjoys spending time with them.

And most importantly? My family really likes him, too.

Either way, W seems to like me. Have yet to figure out why, but he does. And I like him, too. So I guess I got me a boyfriend.  :o)


4 comments:

  1. I think I know why... and I think you do as well. There's a lot to like with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *big girlie squeal* I soooo want to give you a hug...that's how happy I am for you!! :-)

    Don't try to figure out the why...just enjoy it! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)