Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Sunday was a good day


Yesterday I drove to Redding for delivery of my grandparents publication. I got all my errands done - on my list was buying The Hunger Games on DVD. Yeah, I know. Anyway, I got to meet up with my BFF by chance as she was in town with a couple of her friends. They were all visiting from the bay area for the long weekend. We met up at a frozen yogurt place that's fairly new in town. This place was awesome - the frozen yogurt was delicious and you could pile on the toppings until it fell over and all for one low price. It was awesome. The four of us sat there and laughed for 3 hours. That was even more awesome.

Then I met up with my parents at a new restaurant in town called Famous Dave's BBQ. We were eventually joined by an aunt and uncle and my mom's parents. This place was freaking delicious. Dad ordered the boneless chicken wings, I ordered ribs . . . and we shared. As far as restaurant ribs go, these are by far the best I've ever had. Of course, they don't beat out Dad's ribs, but nonetheless, they were sooooo good.

We had lots of good laughs. It was a bit hard to hear most conversations unless it was with the person right next to you because the place was rather loud.

Mom rode with me on the way home, and we wound up having a fit of laughter that not only caused our faces and full tummies to hurt, but our backs to start spasming. And I'm sure I nearly wrecked my car once or twice, too. My aunt had texted Mom saying that they were "at home depot with the giggles". Mom tells me this and says, "I'm going to ask her who the Giggles are." We started giggling ourselves, then went on to remember other names my parents have made up . . . usually during camping trips while drunk with the friends and getting in trouble with the rangers. (hehehe) So then Mom and I started laughing over that. And we couldn't stop. Literally. Then Mom decided to ask my aunt if "the Giggles are related to the Weebils" (of the Weebils wobble but they don't fall down variety) and which made us laugh even harder. Then we started laughing over our pain from laughing.

And a Miss Posey update - she's doing awesome! She's quite active and wants to play now and she also has the little "Buddha belly" the vet wanted. She still weighs next to nothing, as evidenced by the fact that she just walked over the keyboard and none of the keys moved. LOL She's now playing with a sticky note that is nearly as big as her. Libby wants so badly to play, but Posey still needs to get bigger to really play with Libby. But she's curious and wants to play. And she's found her little motor, too. She likes to sit on your shoulder and purr. She's just too freaking adorable. (And just so you know, if she pounces on the keyboard, then the keys move. LOL)

8 comments:

  1. Those are the best moments, really. Remind me to tell the "bob" story one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Famous Dave's is quite yummy (we have them here, too). Now I'm drooling!

    I remember the Weebil-Wobbles!

    Awww...Miss Posey is adorable :-) Just wait until she gets to full size and wants to sit on your shoulder and purr ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to make you drool. I want more ribs! And chicken wings! lol

      And yes, Miss Posey is adorable. Hopefully she'll grow into a lover of a cat. The last kitten my mom saved wound up not being a lap cat at all.

      Delete
  3. Every one needs a really good day. Yours was Sunday... mine was Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun getting a chance to catch up - I've missed you!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you, too!! I honestly couldn't remember when we last hung out. Has to be at least 4-6 months. Far too long!!

      Delete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)