1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
It's been awhile since I sent a postcard and received one. I like to send a postcard if I'm traveling, though. Sometimes they have decent pictures that you can use if you know yours won't turn out well. I had put together a "postcard campaign" a couple years ago, but I had several people sign up and then never respond when it was their turn to send one. Then I moved and things got a bit chaotic and I put it on hold for a bit. I'd love to start it up again, but I don't have a ton of money to go spending on stamps, so until I can afford a bit of fun, I'm hoping to get it going again. :)
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Things that are really bad. Like fair food. Oh dear Lord it tastes so dang good!! I haven't been to a fair in close to ten years and this year I went to two. One of them twice. The first one, Boyfriend and I went and made a beeline for the corn dog stand. A small slice of heaven. At the other fair, my BFF and I indulged in cheese fries, nachos and fudge. In all honesty, the cheese fries were the best of them all. I hadn't had a batch of cheese fries in a very long time. Hey, it's okay to indulge once in awhile.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Nope, not very good at it all. Sometimes I can, but not too often.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Technically, yes. We live in a rural area, so the drop a bag of them off at the top of the street at the mail box and the residents take one.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
Well, first, honestly. I've been last, and while it can teach you sportsmanship and manners, it still just plain sucks.
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
Hmm, probably Lassen National Park, delivering my grandparents magazine. Although Whiskeytown Lake is a National Recreation area, does that count, too?
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
Where do I start? lol (j/k)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, with any luck, I may have a second part-time job in about two weeks! It's the Pet Nutritional Consultant I wrote about before, where I had the interview but they had technically already hired someone for my area. Well, my "let's go ahead and interview anyway attitude" totally paid off, as the gal called me on Monday and said that the person they had hired claimed to have sort of emergency and had to leave town. The gal remembered me and called me and asked if I was still interested, which I said yes. So now I have tons of paperwork to fill out and send back in. But my start date would be August 2 if all goes well. If all goes well, it may only be a few hours each weekend, but it's a few extra dollars and the pay is $13/hr. I haven't made more then $10/hr since my lab job in Sacramento. But I'm cool with an extra couple hundred bucks a month to put towards bills, or put in my savings for emergencies. I'll keep y'all posted on how it works out. :)