Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Day Without Bubbles Is Like A Day With Sunshine (And A Rainbow)

Last Friday, I had the rare opportunity to enjoy an entire day without Bubbles sitting behind me at work, polluting my space with her attitude.

Let me tell you something: It. Was. Awesome.

It was like the air wasn't as thick; a weight had been lifted so to speak. We all seemed to joke a bit more. Life seemed good. It was really quite amazing.

The work day went by just a little bit faster. I felt more comfortable doing my job.

My biggest problem with Bubbles is that she sits directly behind me and can pretty much see everything I do on the computer. Not that I'm doing things I'm not supposed to, but I know she can see me take the long way to do something because I haven't figured out the short cut yet. She can see me make mistakes. She can see the emails I need to compose.

It drives me nuts.

I know she's doing her own job as I can hear her behind me doing her own thing. But still, I feel like she's watching me. All. The. Time.

It's probably just paranoia. And I really do try not to let it get me. But her attitude is almost like a poison. Her personality just drags on the office morale, in my humble opinion. It seems to strange to me that someone so young is such a rude bitch.

I sincerely hope that when we get our new office, she doesn't sit behind me. I'd rather sit behind her. Or, better yet: I'd like to be on the opposite side of the room from her. That way, her attitude is less likely to poison my day.

But for one joyous day, I got to know what it's like to not have her in the office. And it was wonderful. And it was a surprise, too. I only realized she had the day off when I walked in and didn't see her at her desk. I could have done a happy dance.

I get to look forward to Black Friday without her, too. Oh happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Put a mirror on the front of your desk. Then if she is looking, either you'll know or she'll move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, she can't really move, as her desk is directly behind me. And I don't want to see her un-smiling face anymore than I have to! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)