Tuesday, June 11, 2013
1. What do you think makes a good dad?
A guy who loves his kid(s) unconditionally and supports them in their endeavors. A guy who lets his kid(s) know every day that he loves them, just as they are. A guy who teaches his kid(s) how to be responsible a responsible adult, and instills a conscience and respect for others.
2. What's something you learned from your own father?
Here's one recent thing: Recently I had a day where I felt like a complete failure. I've been looking for work (full-time) since last October with only one bite, which obviously didn't happen since I'm still looking. There were other things in there and I felt like a disappointment to a family member because I didn't want what they wanted (or wished, rather) me to want. Dad pulled me aside and told me that I wasn't a failure in way, shape, or form. To anyone. And that he had moments when he was my age where he thought he was making a huge mistake taking a job. And that if I hadn't moved back and been doing what I was doing, I wouldn't have met Boyfriend. And most importantly that he loved me and supported me. Then he gave me a big bear hug.
3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?
I'm either easy or boring. White cake with white frosting. Or the "funfetti" mix.
4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons?
I do both. Sometimes you have to just go with your gut, which doesn't usually lead me astray. But I can over-think things as well and that can lead me astray.
5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favorite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item?
Cheese. Sharp Cheddar cheese. :)
6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?
There's so much I'd love to explore - I wouldn't know where to begin!
7. Are you typical of your generation?
Hmmm. Yes and no.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Since we're kind of on a Father's Day theme, I think Boyfriend and I may take my parents out on his boat for Father's Day. Just a nice, easy day relaxing on the lake. :)