1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
I would say my parents, whose birthdays were at the end of March and beginning of April. My family always sings me Happy Birthday. I hope no one says anything if we're at a restaurant because I hate having the waiters/waitresses making such a racket. But inevitably, someone does and I wind up blushing like it's nobody's business.
2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
John Williams, composer of movie scores for Superman, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Jaws, and Jurassic Park. Also, James Dean, Lana Turner, Jack Lemmon, Gary Coleman, John Grisham, Jules Vern and General Sherman.
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
Well, now that will depend on the size of the box. lol
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
Now why would you make me choose between the two? That's just mean. No, I will go to both places and see both of them. One day.
6. Your favorite dessert?
Choices, choices, choices. Popcorn and M&M's.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
I start breaking out the sweaters and wait for it to cool off. Here in Redding, it can stay pretty dang warm til October sometimes. Seriously, our summer is too hot for the Devil himself. I love the fall weather - the cool crisp air. But I also enjoy spring because by then I'm tired of the cold and am ready for the warmth!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Had a sad day - finally got the phone call this morning that Papa D passed away during the night. We've been waiting for the call for the last week or so, knowing it was only a matter of time. Mom had to call me at work and let me know because one of my cousins posted something about it on FB, and she didn't want me to find out that way. Fortunately for me I hadn't been on FB this morning because its only the second day of my new job. I found out on my lunch break, so I went off by myself for a bit and cried and gathered myself and went in and informed my boss, asking for a day when I found out when we would have a family gathering at the ranch. Papa D's request was to be cremated and his ashes spread out over his ranch, no services, just a family gathering. Simple. Just they way he was.