Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

My bad. . .

So, it hasn't been very long since my last posting . . . but I've been joking and texting with my mom, telling her that me being broke or hungry is funny to read about. Then she comes back with "Yeah, but people will think your starving to death and you have mean parents!" Ooops. My bad.

Just so we're clear, I'm not destitute, not yet anyway. I've managed to hold my own this past year even though it's been tough. It's only in the last couple months that somehow the money seems to go faster than it used to. And my parents aren't mean. In fact, they are quite the opposite. They're possibly the best parents a kid could ask for. Yes, I'm biased. Now that we're past that, my parents have always been there for me, even if it included a lecture. Just in the last month my parents have helped out enormously, more than I can say. Now it's up to me to get back on track, and try to make my money last a tad bit longer. If it means I have to shop at the worst store in world (aka Walmart), so be it. If it means I have to start coupon cutting, fine, break out the scissors.

There are people that are far worse off than me. Those without a job, for instance. Considering unemployment rates are in double digits pretty much across the country, I'm well off by some standards. I have a job. Check. I have a place to call home. Check. I have a car to get from point A to point B. Check. Car sleeps well in case I lose said home. Check. I'm not in danger of losing my apartment, nor am I in danger of losing my car. I'd use Homeland Security's color code system but I have no idea what colors they actually use. So, pointless, I say.

When I look at what I pay out, I've cut back on pretty much anything I don't require. The last couple months, I stopped eating out. At best, I think I've cut it down to maybe $20/month. I don't even have cable anymore, that's $70 I don't have to give to Comcast anymore. Anything I can cut a corner on, I've pretty much done it. Thanks to my job's effort in making it look like it's losing money out the wazoo and making us fill out reasons why we have any OT at all, and making sure it's "justifiable". (Side note: wazoo is an actual word. Had no idea! LOL).

So, I just wanted to let everyone know that my parents won't let me pan-handle on the streets for my grocery money. Even if things are tight for them, they're happy to help out in any small way that they can. And while I hate to continue to ask for their help when times are tough, I know that if even if all they can offer me is some cheese for my cheese quesadillas, they'd give me their cheese.

Plus, they give great hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)