I really hate to say this, but many times there just needs to be more hours in a day! For the last couple of days I've been wanting to blog, but there just doesn't always seem time. Maybe too many addictions? Too many jobs? Well, I can't necessarily say I have too many jobs, because the average person in this county has at least two jobs to make ends meet. Too many addictions . . . well, that's feasible. Reading, movies, Facebook (Farmville, Frontierville, etc.), blogging, Scrabble via email, harassing my cat . . . yeah, I'm screwed.
And today's post really won't even be what it was originally going to be. Partly because I've already forgotten what I was going to write about (and I'm not smart enough to blog in advance so that I have something to fall back on). But mostly it's because I was bestowed not one, but two awards!! Plus I have a few new followers to welcome.
So, first off, I'd like to welcome three new followers to my little corner of the blogosphere. I'd like to welcome (back) Hazel, who used to follow me under her old blog and has finally come to her senses to blog again! Next is Elliot MacLeod-Michael, and Deirdra Eden-Coppel, who not only followed but also bestowed an award! Actually, I'm twice blessed as she gave me a different blog award awhile back as well.
A huge thank you to Deirdra Eden-Coppel!
And to the wonderful Frisky Virgin, a huge thank you for the next award - The Blog on Fire Award! If you haven't checked Ms. Frisky yet, then I'm not quite sure what you're waiting for. That was a hint to, like, go. So, this award (like so many) have a few rules to follow.
1. Thank the blogger who bestowed the award - See above.
2. Reveal 5 things about yourself. (If you want, how about making said revelations a little hot? After all, this is an on fire award!)
- Listening to anything, and I mean anything, by Josh Turner makes me melt. If I could marry his voice alone, believe me I'd so be there. It doesn't hurt that he has the good looks to go with said woman-melting voice.
- I love me a good Wrangler-butt. I was taught by the best, my mother, to spot a really good Wrangler-butt. Anytime she and I are at a country concert, our eyes are on the prowl.
- Certain colognes - Lord help me. Obsession and Stetson are just two of them. Pair that with a Wrangler-Butt who has Josh Turner's voice, there will only be a puddle of JDay left.
- Accents - I love accents. Well, as long as I can still understand the words that are coming of their mouths. British, Irish, and Australian are my favorites. *swoon*
- But most of all, what will do the trick is a guy who likes me for me. Quirks and all.
Now I get to pass this on to 7 fellow bloggers.
And to leave off, I am posting a video of a new release by Toby Keith that makes me tear up every time I hear it. I know America is having some issues on Capitol Hill and we would all love to tell them where to stuff their political bullshit and storm congress with pitchforks. I know our country looks like a fool to the rest of the world. Whatever happens next won't be pretty, I'm sure. But even with all this going on, I'm still proud to be an American, and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else.