Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My blogging mojo is on vacay

My apologies for not having really been around much this past week. It's been a combination of a few things. Partly because I just haven't been inspired write even though I have several things I do want to write about. Partly because I have a family member in the hospital and it's a scary situation. And partly because I've brought my parent's dog, Libby, home with after delivering papers. She's having her right knee fixed this time 'round.

I've been trying to keep up with blogs, but sometimes y'all write so dang much I can hardly keep up! So if I haven't been commenting as usual, I apologize. 

I just dropped Libby off at the vet's office today, her surgery is Friday morning. I've had her at my place since Monday - much to my cat's dismay. My cat just really doesn't like dogs. Or other cats. She's a loner, really. Anyway, I have new pics of Libby:

 After we got home. Tuckered little traveling puppy.

Sharing a big bowl of homemade popcorn.

I took Libby to work Wednesday afternoon. I felt bad leaving her alone all day. Yes, sucker is written all over my forehead.

But you have to admit. She's one damned cute dog. Melt your heart kinda cute. It's disgusting, really.

A couple weeks ago, my parents had our dog, Katie, put down. She was 17 years old. It broke our hearts, but we know she's no longer in any pain, and that she's chasing tennis balls in doggy heaven. I plan on doing a nice post about her as part of the A-Z Challenge coming up in April.

 
Hopefully my blogging mojo will come back in full force. I'm hoping by next week, because I have lots of writing to do. I have stuff to continue to write for my grandparent's publication, and I have blogs I need to write - normal and get a head start on the A-Z Challenge.


10 comments:

  1. No worries - blogging mojo comes and goes. We'll be here when your mojo comes around again. That Libby is just adorable. She looks so perky!

    Best wishes for your hospitalized relative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's perky when it comes to popcorn! lol And thank you so much, we're hoping things turn out well.

      Delete
  2. Awe how sad about Katie! and OMG Libby is just the cutest thing ever!! :) hope she does better with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was very sad - lots of tears. She was a good dog. And yes, we're going to be SUPER careful with Libby after this surgery so we don't have to do it twice like the left leg.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about Katie. I'd give ten years of my life to have Scrappy healthy for seventeen. Preferably the ten years between 20 and 30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard as they get older you know what will happen.

      Delete
  4. I know exactly how ya feel. I lost my blogging mojo recently too! I think I've been putting in more effort with the A-Z posts than my posts for March lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started on those, I think the pressure of a head start is killing me! lol

      Delete
  5. Hope your family member feels better soon :-)

    I haven't been online much this week myself; Hubby was working on upgrading my system. I love being married to a computer geek!

    Ah, Libby - those ears are just too adorable!

    It's always sad when it's time for our pets to depart. I still miss our old cat, Baby. But I wouldn't trade Bazinga for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your puppy doggy. I will never forget having to put my childhood puppy down--he was my best friend and my little love bug.

    Libby makes me smile--just the cutest little munchkin!

    Don't worry--my writing mojo has been all wonky, too. Thank goodness for tags and blog awards--they are the only things fueling my brain at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)