Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Suckiness Be Gone!

Things have improved vastly since my last post. I have tried all kinds of things that people have suggested. And each one has worked at least once. The peanut butter worked only once. She's refused it ever since. Obviously not a fan. Cheese has worked a couple times. Leftover hamburger worked once. And her Pupperoni treats have worked today. 

I no longer feel like the worst person in the world. Those eyes still haunt me. And when I said they were worse than Puss N Boots, I sincerely meant it. Puss N Boots has got nuthin' on Libby. He could take lessons.

I have stopped the stool softener (which was too large to hide in anything), as she's been doing that at least once a day. Since it's a huge pain in my ass to give it to her, I won't, unless she stops pooping. Everything else I can hide; her liquid antibiotic is pretty easy. All in all, a much happier J.Day, and a much happier Libby.

She's back to her usual self, full of piss and vinegar. She wants to play and run around. Since her leg is bandaged with a splint, she can't use that leg too much anyway, so I've become a bit lax in the being let loose on the floor. I kind of block off my tiny living room so she can't run around too much. I took a quick video of her to share:


 

Today, I took her to work at the Sticksville clinic as Dr. J wanted to make sure her splint was holding up. I had about an hour to myself while the vet and our current two-week visiting vet student went out on a ranch call. I let her out to wander a bit. Mostly she just followed me around, wanting to play. So, here's an even quicker video of this morning:

 


Yes, that was her growling in the beginning. lol


So, all in all, things are better for both myself and Libby. Which is good, because I was thisclose to calling Dr. J on Monday and telling him I was taking the dog back over the hill to the clinic so they could be the bad guys. Luckily, that didn't have to happen.

And as you can see, Libby is full of energy and makes me giggle. And that's how it should be.

16 comments:

  1. Awww poor Libby. I've been a horrible blog friend and just haven't been getting to much reading. I am so sorry to see that she's stuck in a straight cast but how hilarious is that run. What a sweet pup! I will keep her in my thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have other things to occupy your thoughts - I completely understand. And yes, Libby's little mode of transport is cute!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, she is the cutest thing EVER!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she??? Seriously, it's almost wrong how cute she is! lol

      Delete
  3. Aww she's adorable! Glad the pill giving is getting easier. Kinda lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to keep trying stuff to sneak the pills into! lol Just a few more days!

      Delete
  4. Yay for good news and the feeling betters :) I guess at least the peanut butter worked once. Better than nothing I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I tried it that night, she just turned up her nose at it! lol Picky little dog! lol

      Delete
  5. Hee hee! She sure is a cutie, even if she is grumpy. :-) Do dogs like tuna fish? The smell of it can hide just about anything....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't try tuna. But her Pupperoni treats worked! lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. She really is. When she's not chomping on your fingers. lol

      Delete
  7. lol, she certainly is full of herself! :-) And I love your slippers by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I LOVE LIBBY! So happy to see her working that cast like a little diva!

    Oh, and, um, I realized something watching these videos: I need a puppy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)