Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Respect us, don't diss us

Awhile back, I came across this online article and I thought it quite interesting. I have spoke before about some politics and religion, although I try not to go on about it too much because it's exhausting, I don't want to start a riot on my blog and lose all my wonderful followers, and I know little about both subjects. However, once in awhile, I just have to speak my mind (as politely as I can).

As I've stated before, I'm not religious by any means. I don't believe in Creationism; I believe in Evolution. I know not what is written in the Bible as I've never read it (although I'm pretty sure it doesn't preach hatred and spitefulness). Not that I don't believe there is a God, because I do, and believe in Heaven and Hell. I also don't believe that I have to attend church to be granted entrance into Heaven. I don't believe God is so picky and choosy about who gets in.

When it comes to politics, some of it interests me, but most of it drives me batshit crazy and makes me want to knock some sense into politicians. I have a hard time believing anything any of them says, except their name, rank, and serial number. They are all money hungry, lying, preachy, career politicians and they will do everything it takes to make it to the top. No matter the cost.

The horrific pattern I've noticed (and again, it's driving me insane), is that politicians seem to be getting preachier all the time. Folks, that's what we have churches and their respective leaders for. Politics should be just that. Politics. Not a make-shift sermon. And I want to make it clear that I don't like a single one of the Presidential candidates (although I'm quite happy Michele Bachmann is no longer a front runner). I'm not quite fond of the guy in office, either, but he doesn't look half-bad compared to some of the Republican candidates. And no matter what, I still vote, which means I have a right to complain - even if I voted for the guy. Although, I didn't vote for Obama. . .

What really gets me is the preachiness of it all. They spout off about how the gay community shouldn't be allowed to marry and that it's a huge sin and how they are ruining everything. They spout off about how abortion shouldn't be an option, it's a sin. They spout off about health care, the housing market, and how they can change the economy for the better.

Um. Considering you're a rich Presidential candidate, raising millions of dollars in campaign funds so you can slander your opponent and preach to me, have 3 houses, a boat, a limo, a few town cars, and probably a mistress, a gay cousin or three, and a pregnant teenage daughter hiding somewhere in there and have not had to worry about healthcare, your retirement, your mortgage, and how in the hell are you going to pay all your bills because you got laid off a year ago and can't even get hired at McD's because you're over-qualified, I don't think you need to be preaching to me how someone else broke the system.

You helped break the system. You and your selfishness. Those bigwigs were part of it. People who bought houses they knew they could never afford were part of it.  The banks were a part of it. And I'm thinking the little people learned their lesson. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure the CEO's and the politicians learned their lessons.

Instead of preaching to me about what constitutes as a sin, why don't you sit down and actually attempt to come up with some ideas that may truly help our country get back on it's feet. Don't talk. DO. Leave the preaching for Sunday Sermon at church. That's what church is for. Not politics. Don't stomp on us little people trying to scrape a living. Don't stomp on the little people for loving someone of the same gender and wanting to be married. Don't judge someone because they chose to have an abortion - it wasn't your body to make that choice with. Don't talk about helping the poor - DO IT. Don't shake their hand and tell them you'll make everything right again. Be like Nike and "Just Do It" OR make like Michael Jackson and just "Beat It" and moon-walk your ass back home.

So here's my proposition to politicians: Blame yourselves as much as your constituents. Leave the preaching to Sunday Sermons. Don't bash each other, work with each other - isn't that why we little people voted you into office in the first place?!  Don't go looking for trouble, because in this century, it will find you. Don't bash your constituents just because you don't agree with their lifestyles.

We are the legs you stand on. Respect us, don't diss us.

12 comments:

  1. Werd!! It's all too much for me this year, I can't stand it and I can't stay caught up. I don't think they should be taking away our rights though. Thats total BS and leave the preaching to the preachers, good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just drives me nuts how they talk so much about family values and how many times as Newt been married? And you just know Santorum has got at least one gay cousin that he's not talking about. lol

      Delete
  2. Hear hear!! Agree with all of this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post my comment on my blog (to avoid clogging your bandwidth unnecessarily). Nothing bad, I hope, but just a few things I wanted to touch on. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preach on, sister! These holier-than-thou politicians (note that it is plural) make me sick with all of their hypocritical damnation-and-hellfire rantings. Maybe they are reaching out in hopes that there are enough closed-minded lemmings out there to vote them into office. Whatever happened to "separation of church and state"? These people are ignoring that.... I wish that it was forbidden to mention religion when running for office. I sure am not going to vote for a guy who wears special underwear and thinks paradise is in the midwest (Romney) or someone who thinks rape victims should be forced to carry the child of the rapist (Santorum) or a hypocrite in general (Gingrich). When I vote, it will be down to the lesser of two evils....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind them so much telling me which faith they follow, but preaching to me and showing me are two different things.

      Wait . . . Romney wears special underwear?! lol

      Delete
  5. I came over from CW's blog http://humbleauthorbsp.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/response-to-respect-us-dont-diss-us-and.html

    Now I will say here here I agree politicans should not preach to us they should leave that to the church to do. Now I do not agree with a lot of things that our politicans have to say really they just say what they thing will make us vote for them..........Now I am going back to Tilting at Windmills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by to share your opinion! I agree that they really only tell us what we want to hear, and they are good at it.

      Delete
  6. I KNEW there was a reason I adored you! Maybe we're sisters in a parallel universe. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)