Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How Hard Can It Be To Find "Hypoallergenic"?

Today marked another appointment to see the wonderful folks at the worker's comp medical facility. It was about 40 degrees outside, and it was about 42 degrees inside. Obviously their heating works wonders, does it not? Luckily the room I was eventually led to was probably closer to 45 degrees. Maybe their windows up front in the waiting area are too big? Whatever. I totally took my big coat, so I meant business in my attempt to stay warm. The M.A. kind of laughed at me as I still bundled under it even after taking it off to he could take my blood pressure.

Luckily I saw the first doctor that I had seen a couple weeks ago. So I didn't have to regale yet another doctor with my back story. I told her that while most of the original spots seem to have started healing, I have had a couple new spots show up. And that the vinyl gloves I've switched to seem to be drying my hands out so bad that my skin gets all flaky. (Why, yes I am full of complaints.) So she tells me to start using hypoallergenic lotions. And she insisted on me wrapping my hands in saran wrap to help my skin absorb the prescription ointment. I did tell her that I did in fact attempt this, and many curse words followed.

So after my uneventful appointment, I drove to the store to find my some hypoallergenic lotion. Now, I use lotion all the time. I am my mother's daughter. I found the store's section of lotion and looked. And looked. And looked. All I could find was "fragrance free". I finally went to the Pharmacist to clarify that fragrance free was not the same at hypoallergenic. I went back to the section and looked some more. I mean, my face was pressed right up to the bottles of lotion making sure I didn't miss the key word "hypoallergenic".

After examining for about 20 minutes, I finally found a brand that had a hypoallergenic formula. Of course, it wasn't whatever brand the doctor was attempting to describe to me - she couldn't remember the name of it. However, in my mind, hypoallergenic is hypoallergenic.
Oh this is just so much freaking fun, I can hardly stand it.

6 comments:

  1. You would think the Pharmacist would have found it for you!

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking for cold pills. There are day-time and night-time or both. There are regular strength and extra-strength. There are some for coughs, or congestion, sinus or aches and fever. They come in 4 hour, 6 hour, 8 hour or the ultimate 12 hour. When I find a favorite brand - they are out of it so I have to start all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.Day-sounds like you had a fabulous shopping experience. I would start ordering that shit online...looking like an ass in the lotion section just isn't worth it. Maybe she'll remember and you can find it cheaper online anyway.

    Belle-I know how you feel...or I look forver only to find that it's been moved behind the counter cause kids are trying to melt it down and make meth. Damn kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel - I know, right?

    Belle - Sometimes I feel there are just too many choices to begin with! lol

    Jewels - It may have been the store and their selection. Or it could just be that once you need that particular type you can no longer find it. lol And I hate the fact that kids these days ruin everything by making drugs out of simple OTC cold meds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG does life really have to be so difficult? Hypoallergenic!!!
    I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in life, it’s that even the simplest tasks go horribly wrong.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)