This has been sitting in my drafts for quite some time; I had basically forgotten all about it! So, here's my "easy" post . . .
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are the members of your family?
I have pets. I own a horse and a cat. I've had dogs, goats, guinea pigs, rabbits, mice and hamsters. I was probably less attached to the rodent species, but the others, they do seem to become part of the family. Especially dogs and cats. And for me horses. Animals have been close to humans for so long and anymore they are more companion animals than work animals, so their meaning to people has altered a lot in the last hundred years.
2. If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?
To wind up with a family of my own, happy and comfortable in my life. (To the fates, if my husband looks a lot like Gerard Butler or Hugh Jackman, I won't be upset).
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
I don't "hate" anything-or at least I try not to. I have to agree with the answer a lot of other bloggers put...I "hate" hate. I despise people who judge, protest, and put down others for their beliefs, love, lifestyle, religion, race, etc. For me there is just no place in the world for senseless idiocy. (I'm going to stick with Jewel's answer)
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Pay off any debt that I have. Buy myself a house. Travel to the places I most want to see. Make sure my family is taken care of. Get a dog. And a flat screen TV.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Talking to my BFF or my parents. Listening to some good music. Watching a good comedy. Good ol' venting or manual labor.
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
What a trick question!? I think loving somebody is a blessing unlike any other but being truly and completely loved for just who you are is a blessing unto itself as well. (I believe Jewel's said it very well.)
7. What is your bedtime routine?
Turn on electric blanket at least an hour before (hey, it's winter and it's COLD), get into PJ's, wash face, brush teeth, set alarm, harass cat, make sure doors are locked, turn lights off, crawl into bed, read for a bit, turn off light, and dream of any one of my celebrity husbands.
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
I agree with Jewels - ugh, why does this question always pop up? I'm single, thanks so much for the reminder.
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
Good question . . . but I have no idea!
10. What kinds of books do you read?
I love Dean Koontz's novels and Jane Austen's. I've recently started reading Kathy Reichs. Then there are the Pride & Prejudice continuation novels that I was obsessed with for a bit.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
As long as I'm happy and healthy, that's all that really matters. Hopefully my Mr. Right has shown up on his trusty steed and swept me off my feet.
12. What's your fear?
Losing my loved ones and not being able to say good-bye or tell them how much I love and admire them.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
Why can't it be giving up vegetables or something gross like organs? While I would love to see the Earth from space and be weightless, it may give me a greater fear of heights. . .
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Married but poor. I don't need tons of material things. Being loved and happy is really what matters. As long as there is enough money for bills and food, I'm good.
15. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
I turn off the alarm, crawl out of bed, put on some slippers, and head to the bathroom to relieve the full bladder.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
That it be Hugh Jackman. Oh . . . if I had a partner . . . sorry. I thought it was who can I have appear in front of me *poof*.
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I shall not answer this question; I've been in trouble with this one before. I'll stick with my name, thank you.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
I can't say "no matter", because some acts are truly unforgivable.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
I guess hamburgers. I freaking love those things.
I'm going to pass this along to: EVERYONE! I honestly don't know who has and hasn't already participated but I love, love, love reading everyone's answers...so if you haven't done this yet then please take it and fill it out. :-)