Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

That's Where That Is!

I have slowly started going through things to start packing and whatnot. In fact, I had a moment of productivity this morning. I have lived in my apartment for about a year and a half. I downsized from a two bedroom to a one bedroom. I didn't really save on rent, however, I no longer lived next door to crack heads, and got my own washer and dryer (hooray for no more laundromats!). After the move, I still had plenty of shit that had to stay hidden in boxes because I just didn't have the space.

Enter the present.

Do I mean to tell myself that I still have the shit I thought I lost (or didn't even know I  had)?! In my moment of productivity, I found:

  • My back-up back scratcher, which I had been wondering what happened to it since my collapsible one died awhile back. And I've been dying for a back scratcher. Seriously, I could just sit on the couch and scratch my back all day with it, it feels so damn good.
  • Some scrapbooking materials that I thought I didn't even have. That means project!! Something to fill any future voids! (Am I too enthusiastic?)
  • 3 open boxes of Christmas cards. Now if only I had extra money to pay for postage . . . Guess that means I'm ahead of the game for next year.
  • 3 open boxes of Thank You cards. Apparently I won't need to go buy more to thank family and friends for Christmas and birthday gifts this year . . . or next year. Or the year after that . . .
  • My Coach purse that I thought had gotten lost or stuck in a yard sale pile. 
  • My laptop bag that I use to travel with my laptop. Seriously looked everywhere when I went on vacay to my grandparents place in October. Sheesh.
  • 5 baseball caps.   One of which I'd been wondering about for awhile . . .  
  • A 3-pack of legal pads. Hmmm . .  . guess that means I shouldn't have stolen 3 from work, huh?
  • A few CD-R's. Whoohoo that means more mixed tapes CD's in my future! Rainy day project!


I'm sure the list will continue to grow. Could make for interesting moments of productivity. I mean, God only knows what else I will find . . . 


On the flip side, I can no longer find the keys to my filing cabinet. My "safe place" failed me.






2 comments:

  1. I love love love finding stuff I'd given up on. I lost a christmas decoration about 2 years ago and have yet to find it...but when I do...I'll be so happy! :-) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, how does that happen? Just went through the same thing--every other utterance was: "So that's where that's been," or "I didn't lose it!" Seriously, I sometimes think the closet eats things.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)