I have slowly started going through things to start packing and whatnot. In fact, I had a moment of productivity this morning. I have lived in my apartment for about a year and a half. I downsized from a two bedroom to a one bedroom. I didn't really save on rent, however, I no longer lived next door to crack heads, and got my own washer and dryer (hooray for no more laundromats!). After the move, I still had plenty of shit that had to stay hidden in boxes because I just didn't have the space.
Enter the present.
Do I mean to tell myself that I still have the shit I thought I lost (or didn't even know I had)?! In my moment of productivity, I found:
- My back-up back scratcher, which I had been wondering what happened to it since my collapsible one died awhile back. And I've been dying for a back scratcher. Seriously, I could just sit on the couch and scratch my back all day with it, it feels so damn good.
- Some scrapbooking materials that I thought I didn't even have. That means project!! Something to fill any future voids! (Am I too enthusiastic?)
- 3 open boxes of Christmas cards. Now if only I had extra money to pay for postage . . . Guess that means I'm ahead of the game for next year.
- 3 open boxes of Thank You cards. Apparently I won't need to go buy more to thank family and friends for Christmas and birthday gifts this year . . . or next year. Or the year after that . . .
- My Coach purse that I thought had gotten lost or stuck in a yard sale pile.
- My laptop bag that I use to travel with my laptop. Seriously looked everywhere when I went on vacay to my grandparents place in October. Sheesh.
- 5 baseball caps. One of which I'd been wondering about for awhile . . .
- A 3-pack of legal pads. Hmmm . . . guess that means I shouldn't have stolen 3 from work, huh?
- A few CD-R's. Whoohoo that means more mixed
tapesCD's in my future! Rainy day project!
I'm sure the list will continue to grow. Could make for interesting moments of productivity. I mean, God only knows what else I will find . . .
On the flip side, I can no longer find the keys to my filing cabinet. My "safe place" failed me.