Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

"Why can't every day be just this good?"

Today was a good day. For starters, I left work on time this morning. I went to my volunteer gig at the dog place. Then I met my parents for lunch. That's it. That's all it took to make it a good day.

Of course, as I type, I'm icing my bum knee as it's not handling the week very well. However, walking is over-rated. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I also try to tell myself money is over-rated, and then the damn bills show up. Again. Like bad pennies, I'm telling ya.

My parents had decided to come pay me a visit. It's the tail end of their two week vacation (most definitely earned), and I don't think we'd seen each other since I went home to surprise them when Granny was in the hospital at the beginning of September. I met them at a local restaurant for lunch and visited there for nearly an hour. Then decided to go to Kohl's, and I apparently got two Christmas presents early - I won't see them again until Christmas. More than likely I will forget about them, so I won't actually be faking surprise. Then went for a Jamba Juice and sat outside to enjoy the beautiful weather - and of course visited a lot more. Had a few good laughs, and some serious conversation about moving options. Once I've thought about that some more, I'll probably blog it out. But for now I need to mull things over myself.

Of course, I was thrilled to get Mom and Dad Hugs, as I really needed them. And I know they did, too. If a stranger saw us hugging, they would have thought we hadn't seen each other in years. That's the kind of hugging I'm talking about. But the cherry on top was the care package they surprised me with. (And don't think you're getting a "magical" glimpse into my bedroom, either. It's simply the cleanest room in the house at the moment, so by default, this was the picture room. lol)



It's kind of silly, it includes 3 rolls of paper towels, 3 boxes of Kleenex, a bottle of Spray 'n Wash, a bottle of 409, a box of mini-bagged microwave popcorn, a 36-count case of Pepsi (which isn't pictured because I got lazy and didn't want to haul it into the bedroom and lift it onto the bed. lol), and a new set of pajamas (which according to Mom was a Christmas present, but Dad said go ahead and give it). Such trivial little things and my face lit up like a freaking Christmas tree.




So, now I think I'm going to sit back, watch a little X-Files on Netflix, pop some popcorn, and enjoy my night off work. I shall also continue to ice my bum knee so hopefully I can walk without trouble tomorrow at my horse thing, and then stand all night at work (which is partly why my knee is being troublesome - too many nights standing with a foot with no arch on the same leg as the bum knee - horrible combo).

FYI - I've been texting my mom since they left town. Seriously, the visiting never stops. LOL

Oh, and bonus points if you know the song the title is from or even the artist. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please leave one. :o)